Colon Cleansing Provides Relief
Do you suffer from hemorrhoids? If so, you will find the following hemorrhoid information extremely valuable.
Statistics show that half of the United States population suffers from hemorrhoids once they pass the age of fifty. Unfortunately, many of these cases go untreated because people are often embarrassed about having hemorrhoids.
The information on this page will teach you the...
- Definition of hemorrhoids
- Types of hemorrhoids
- Causes of hemorrhoids
- Hemorrhoid symptoms
- Prevention of hemorrhoids
- Hemorrhoid treatments
In addition to this valuable hemorrhoid information, you will also learn how natural colon cleansing can play a significant role in preventing and treating hemorrhoids.
What Are Hemorrhoids
The first piece of hemorrhoid information I want to provide you is a simple definition. A hemorrhoid is a swollen or inflamed vein in the rectum and anus. They are similar to varicose veins you might see on a person's legs.
Hemorrhoids are typically caused by an increase of pressure in the veins of the lower rectum.
Types Of Hemorrhoids
There are two types of hemorrhoids that you should be aware of, they are...
- Internal hemorrhoids are characterized by the bulging out of veins from the anus and by a bloodstained stool.
- External hemorrhoids are characterized by an abnormal growth around the rectal region. This growth may be accompanied by irritation, itching and a burning sensation around the affected area - and sometimes blood alongside the stool.
Here are some of the most common causes of hemorrhoids...
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time
- Straining with bowel movements - Usually caused by constipation or hard stools
- Sitting on the toilet for a long time
- Heavy Lifting
- Insufficient intake of fluids
- Severe coughing
- Pregnancy or childbirth
Recognizing the symptoms of hemorrhoids is the first step towards properly treating and preventing them. Here are some of the most common symptoms of hemorrhoids...
- Irritation and/or itching in the rectal area
- Swelling in the anus or internal anal area
- Difficulty or obstruction in passing stool
- Formation of blood clots inside the anus
- Lumps hanging from the anus - Noticed in more advanced stages of hemorrhoids
Prevention Of Hemorrhoids
There are several preventive steps you can take to help relieve some of the pain and discomfort you may be experiencing. By following these steps, you will find relief from existing hemorrhoids - and help prevent future hemorrhoids from occurring.
- When you have the urge for a bowel movement, do not delay - Go immediately
- Follow a high fiber diet - Take fiber supplements if needed
- Increase fluid intake - Drink plenty of pure drinking water to help soften the stool
- Perform a colon cleansing program to help empty the large intestines and regulate your bowel movements
- Exercise on a regular basis - This will help regulate bowel movements
- Keep your anal area dry and clean
Following these preventive steps will help reduce and prevent the build up of waste materials in the large intestine. By doing this, you are reducing your chances of becoming constipated or straining to have bowel movements.
When treating hemorrhoids, the main objective is to relieve the pain and discomfort. Typically, one or more of the following treatments should be used, depending on the severity of the hemorrhoids.
- Sitz baths - Soaking the rectal area in hot water
- Pain medications, creams, ointments and suppositories
- Topical medications are used to help shrink the hemorrhoids
- Cleansing the entire rectal area with warm water after each bowel movement
- Fiber supplements or laxatives to help soften the stool
If you suffer from hemorrhoids and are experiencing the symptoms listed earlier, these treatment recommendations should help you tremendously. It is always recommended to consult with your medical practitioner first.
Colon Cleansing To Prevent Hemorrhoids
The hemorrhoid information I mentioned in the prevention section, shows that performing a colon cleansing program is an effective way to prevent hemorrhoids.
Colon cleansing is a process of clearing out all of the accumulated fecal matter, toxins and other impurities from inside the colon. This accumulated waste material often leads to serious health conditions and diseases - including hemorrhoids.
By combining colon cleansing with the prevention tips listed above, you will be taking safe and effective steps towards preventing and treating your hemorrhoids.
Return To Colon Diseases Page
Return To Hemorrhoid Information Top
Return to Colon Cleanse Home Page