Herbal Colon Cleanse:
A Powerful Choice
A natural herbal colon cleanse, or herbal colon detox, is one of the safest and most effective methods you can use to clean your colon. An herbal colon detox is one of the most popular forms of colon cleansing because it is convenient and easy to do.
Herbs work a little slower than enemas or colonics in cleansing the colon and detoxing the body, however in time can achieve significant results. It's commonly known that herbs have been used for hundreds of years to cleanse and detoxify the human body.
In addition, many herbal products available are designed to clean the colon and rejuvenate and restore intestinal health. Herbal colon cleanse products come in a variety of forms including teas, tinctures, extracts, leaf, capsules or powders.
It's important to note that different herbs perform different actions, which produce different results. Therefore, prior to starting an herbal colon cleanse program, it's important to know what goal you would like to achieve.
How Herbs Cleanse The Colon
As I mentioned above, herbal colon cleanse products work in a variety of ways. Each herb serves a specific function and has a certain effect on the colon and digestive system. Colon cleanse herbs...
- Work like a laxative in the colon.
- Perform a scrubbing action that eliminates fecal matter and prevents toxic build up in the colon.
- Stimulate digestion and peristalsis.
- Kill harmful bacteria and parasites.
- Soften the stool, add bulk and improve the function of colon muscles that promotes healthy and regular bowel movements.
Generally speaking, it is best to cleanse your colon slowly and naturally with an herbal product. An herbal colon detox releases built up toxins slowly from the body, so you can handle these harmful toxins in comfortable manner.
These toxins, which have been stored in your colon for weeks, months or even years, are slowly released from your system over the course of several months. This gives you time to get used to the changes taking place in your body.
Common Colon Cleansing Herbs
Here are six of the most common herbs used for natural colon cleansing...
- Psyllium is probably the most popular colon cleansing herb available today. It is a powerful herb that provides fiber and strengthens the intestinal lining. It contains a fiber called mucilage, which makes the stool in the colon bulkier. A bulkier stool triggers contractions of the colon walls. These contractions then lead to bowel movements.
- Chickweed helps relieve constipation and cleanses the colon by flushing out harmful toxins. This herb also strengthens the stomach muscles and the colon, which helps in the prevention of constipation.
- Cascara Sagrada is one of the most popular colon cleansing herbs used today. It works as an herbal laxative and helps to strengthen the muscle tone of the walls of the colon. Increased muscle tone helps eliminate constipation.
- Slippery Elm is a good all-purpose herb that is extremely beneficial for the colon. It helps normalize the stool and heal the lining of the intestines. This herb is very effective for both constipation and diarrhea.
- Rhubarb promotes bowel movements. This herb also contains a compound called tannins, which is believed to relieve diarrhea and reduce inflammation in the colon.
- Senna helps stimulate peristaltic contractions. These contractions help move the toxic fecal matter out of the colon, while cleansing it naturally.
Natural Herbal Colon Cleanse Benefits
Cleansing your colon is an important step toward achieving an optimal level of health. An herbal colon detox is a safe and effective way to do this, one with many wonderful health benefits.
A natural herbal colon cleanse...
- Removes stubborn fecal matters and toxic wastes from the wall of the colon.
- Restores the functionality of the colon by nourishing it.
- Is gentle to the colon since they do not contain any harsh ingredients.
- Contains fiber that is necessary to maintain a healthy colon.
- Causes few, if any, side effects since they are all natural products.
- Promotes healthy weight loss by safely removing impacted fecal matter from your colon.
- Increases overall health and well-being, reduces or eliminates bowel problems, increases energy, and so much more...
An herbal colon cleanse, although it takes more time to see the results, is an excellent choice for cleansing your colon. Safe, effective and all natural - a powerful combination.
Return To Colon Cleanse Main Page
Return To Herbal Colon Cleanse Top
Return to Colon Cleanse Home Page