Healthy Colon Diet:
Foods That Keep Your Colon Clean
Following a healthy colon diet is one of the most important steps you can take in maintaining a clean, healthy colon - one free of harmful toxins and fecal waste materials.
In addition, a clean colon diet will provide you with some amazing and powerful benefits for all the systems of your body.
By following the nutritional guidelines below, you will not only help your colon function more effectively, but you will also improve your overall level of health and well-being.
Healthy Colon Diet Tips
A healthy colon diet should follow these guidelines...
1. Follow a High Fiber Diet
High fiber food has a clear impact on colon health. The right high fiber dietary supplement will improve every aspect of colon health and can be used during a cleanse.
- Fiber is found in plant foods, and is needed for healthy digestive functions.
- Eat whole-grain breads, cereals, pasta and rice.
- Eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, beans, peas and lentils.
- Increase your water intake when increasing fiber in your diet.
2. Eat a Variety of Fruits and Vegetables
- Fruits and vegetable are loaded with anti-cancer, immune-system-strengthening properties.
3. Consume Plenty of Pure Drinking Water
- Most people need at least 6 to 10 glasses of water per day - more if you exercise.
- If you have kidney disease or congestive heart failure, check with your doctor for the proper intake of fluids.
- Calcium is proven to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Calcium can be found in a wide variety of foods including dark green vegetables, low-fat dairy products, canned salmon and sardines, soy and tofu products, and fortified products such as orange juice.
- Almonds, cottage cheese, and yogurt make healthy high calcium snacks.
- Calcium supplements may also be needed to reach your daily intake level.
5. Vitamin D
- Vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium.
- It also plays a role in preventing colorectal cancer.
- Vitamin D is derived mainly from sunlight, but can also be found in cooked salmon, mackerel, sardines, fortified milk, and eggs.
- Taking vitamin D3 supplements is also an effective way of getting your daily intake - many calcium supplements also contain Vitamin D3.
6. Eat Non-Red, Non-Processed Lean Sources of Meat
- Poultry, fish, eggs, soy products, beans, and whole grains are your healthiest choices for protein.
- Limit your red meat intake.
7. Folic Acid
- Folic acid, or folate, is an essential B vitamin.
- It may reduce your risk of colorectal cancer.
- Folic acid is found in foods such as asparagus, broccoli, peas, collard greens, lentils, chickpeas, strawberries, oranges, and papaya.
Healthy Colon Diet & Colon Cleansing
By implementing the dietary suggestions listed above, you will be taking steps to help cleanse your colon and allow it to function more efficiently. This will have a tremendous impact on your digestive system, as well as the other systems of your body.
In essence, you will be utilizing a simple and effective colon cleanse diet. Following a healthy diet is one of the most important steps you can take to help maintain a clean colon - one free of harmful toxins and fecal waste materials.
These dietary suggestions are not drastic by any means. Rather, they are simple and effective changes you can make to your current nutritional habits that will have an enormous impact on your colon and overall health.
Return To Healthy Colon Diet Top
Return From Healthy Colon Diet to Colon Cleanse Home Page